In the event of adverse weather conditions – this does NOT include drizzle or light rain.
- Friday night will continue as normal.
- A decision on the Afternoon Procession will be made at 1.30pm, and signs informing everyone – COMPETITIORS STRAIGHT TO THE COMMUNITY CENTRE, will be placed at The Square, outside Co-op and Claremont.
- If the Procession is still on, the decision will be with the Royalty as to taking part with their Tableaux or their own car, and to inform the Chairman by 1.45pm.
- Procession starts at 2pm prompt.
- Crowning will take place inside at the Community Centre- 1st Prince and Princess, 2nd
- The Carnival will NOT be cancelled unless instructed by Devon and Cornwall Police Authority.
- All tableaux to arrive at Market via via A386 bypass by 5.45pm, so judging can start by 6pm prompt. Classes 1-6 may enter via Hole Court.
- Tableaux’s arriving after 6pm will NOT be judged but can still receive their grant and take part in the Procession.
- If raining when all tableaux leave the Market, children from tableaux may (if they wish) walk up through Market Street to the top of Town, while the Tableaux’s travel around to line up for the Procession.
- The Band Leaders to make the decision of the Mass Bands taking place. A representative of the bands to inform the Committee at Market Office by 7pm.
- The Committee reserve the right to change any of the above as unforeseen circumstances dictate.